Refund Policy / Program Policy
Please read and familiarize yourself with our company policies before signing up for any training program
Due to COVID-19 and class sizing we are no longer providing make-up classes. No exceptions.
One week notice (7 days) prior to start of class is required for cancellations or refunds - no exceptions. Because our classes fill weeks in advance last minute cancellations and transfers can wreak havoc with the balance of the class registrations. Please check your calendar carefully and plan to attend the class you sign up for.
- A DOGSmart Training Puppy SmartStart or DOGSmart Training Beginner Program is a prerequisite to all other DOGSmart Training Programs. If this is your first DOGSmart Training Program and you are signing up for any program other than Puppy SmartStart or Beginner you must have an approved equivalent before you can register, please call us at 604 267-9500 for more information.
- Only flat collars are to be used in any of our training programs. No choke chains, Martingale collars, shock collars, pinch collars and/or retractable style leashes are ever used as part of our training curriculum. Should you arrive with one of these types of equipment on your dog you will be asked to remove it and it will be replaced by a loaner collar/leash for that one class. It is then your responsibility to comply with the policy from that point forward.
- Training Programs are 6 weeks long, 1 hour per week, on the same day and time each week. Family members are encouraged and welcome to attend this program.
- All puppies are required to have their first two (2) vaccinations before starting Puppy SmartStart.
- The first class is mandatory for all Puppy SmartStart and Beginner Programs.
- All dogs and puppies must have been seen by a veterinarian before attending class. All dogs must be in good health and free of parasites in order to attend class.
Female dogs in heat season (estrus) are not permitted to come to daycare or classes during the period it is in heat.
- You may attend class without your dog in the event that your dog is ill.
- If you have a bitch in season it is your responsibility to contact your instructor for permission to attend class. Most likely you will be asked to leave your dog at home (you may attend class without her). City bylaws do not allow bitches in heat to be out of their home please check City of Vancouver bylaws.
- A responsible adult must attend class each week if the handler is under 16 years of age.