Smart DAYcare at DOGSmart Training
DOGSmart Training has created a unique DAYcare where your dog can come and spend time in a safe, secure and supportive environment. As a positive reinforcement, force free training company since 1993, we believe in the humane treatment of dogs. We are dedicated to this philosophy in every aspect of our DAYcare so your dog can feel comfortable and safe while in our care.
To ensure safety for all dogs they will be supervised by qualified staff experienced in dog behaviour and dog body language. Our staff provides continual supervision with a DAYcare routine of appropriate play, mental stimulation activities and regular rest times.
As safety of your dog is our primary focus we have a firm policy on capacity. All dogs will be placed in appropriate playgroups and rotated in a structured and controlled manner. Special attention will be given to age, size of dog and play style.
DAYcare Intake Process
New daycare clients must register online and fill out the dog required information which is under their Dog and the ‘Fields’ Tab on their online account (This is a requirement when you add a dog to your account during online registration, so you may have already filled it out). Once you have registered and filled out the required information, please contact DOGSmart via email email@example.com or phone 604-267-9500.
When space is available, we will contact the owner and set up a 1 Hour Assessment ($10.00+tax). Based on that assessment we will provide the owner with feedback and how we would like to proceed in slowly integrating their dog into daycare. We require a few shorter visits (2-5 hours) to ensure a positive, safe transition to daycare for your dog and the current daycare group.
We are an all reservation daycare and do not take drop-ins. Availability can be limited due to our small scale (maximum 15-20 dogs) and recurring weekly bookings. We encourage clients to book ahead and establish a weekly daycare routine for their dogs if possible.
Two rooms are used for daycare. The first is used for introductions, communal time, rest/nap time and small play. The other is our large 2500 sq. ft., indoor, padded floor room where size, age, play style and energy appropriate groups go to play! Inappropriate play is interrupted using Positive Interrupts and dogs are redirected and encouraged to practise different play styles with different dogs and people.
*** Please Read ***
* Reservations are required for your dog to attend DAYcare.
* We require 24 hours written email notice for any changes to your dogs daycare schedule with us.
* Missed appointments or cancellations with less than 24 hours notification will be charged at your daily rate.
***Late Penalty Fee***
* $20.00 for every 15 minutes late - no exceptions.
*All fees are non-refundable / non transferable
Monday - Friday | 7:00 am - 6:00 pm
Please phone or email when you have completed and sent in your application.
DAYcare Rates & Pre Paid Packages
Walk or Special Needs Dogs
Puppies (10wks-6mos) and Special Needs Dogs
|Half Day (up to 5 hrs)||$23.00||$29.00||$39.00|
|10 Visits||$310.00 ($31/day)||$360.00 ($36/day)||$470.00 ($47/day)|
|20 Visits||$600.00 ($30/day)||$700.00 ($35/day)||$920.00 ($46/day)|
|Half Day (up to 5 hrs) - 10 Visits||$220.00 ($22/day)||$280.00 ($28/day)||$370.00 ($37/day)|
Half Day (up to 5 hrs) -
|$420.00 ($21/day)||$540.00 ($27/day)||$720.00 ($36/day)|
Supervised same size, age, play style and energy appropriate play groups, rest/nap times & regular potty breaks. Dogs must be able to settle and have down time.
Bronze + Individual or Buddy Walk OR Special Needs
Gold Package Suitable for young puppies (10 weeks - 6 months) OR Special Needs
Puppies will learn potty training, bite inhibition, how to settle - reinforcing all basics we teach in our Puppy SmartStart Training. Further, they will learn the importance of socialization to other dogs while developing proper social skills and good play behaviours in a safe and motivational environment. We also are happy to feed them their midday meal provided by the owner.
*Special Needs (Subject to approval and determined by senior DAYcare staff)
DAYcare Day Rates and Packages do not include GST
Late Penalty Fee:
- $20.00 for every 15 minutes late - no exceptions.
** All fees are non-refundable / non transferable **
- All dogs must be 10 weeks of age or older
Any dog that has been recently spayed or neutered (within two weeks of coming to daycare) requires a rest period as determined by your veterinarian.
- No dogs in heat.
- No intact males over 8 months
- All dogs must able to provide documentation of up-to-date vaccinations or current Titers Testing
- In signing the waiver, owners certify that their pet(s) are in good health. On admission to day care, all pets must be free from any condition which could potentially jeopardize the health or wellness of other dogs or people.
- Pets that have been ill with a communicable condition, i.e. kennel cough, puppy warts etc. in the last 30 days require a veterinarian certification of health to be admitted or readmitted.
- DOGSmart does not assume any responsibility of illness or injury that may occur at daycare. Safety, health and wellness are a priority, but if injury or illness should occur while at daycare, the owner will be notified and appropriate actions will be taken at the owner’s cost. (see waiver)
- Aggressive Behaviours will not be permitted at DAYcare. If aggression is exhibited, the dog will be removed and the owner will be called for immediate pick up. This includes human, dog-dog, toy, and food aggression. If your dog is exhibiting reactive or very fearful behaviours we offer highly specialized dog training programs. All our reactive or fearful dog programs use force free / positive reinforcement methods. Please contact us so you can get started 604 267-9500.